Vision services can take several forms:
- Direct Services: A teacher certified in visual impairments works directly with students, and assists with:
- Learning to read and write braille
- Learning assistive technology to access the curriculum such as magnification tools, text to speech and electronic book readers
- Self advocacy skills
- Expanded Core curriculum – daily living skills
- Indirect Consultative Skills: Working with classroom teachers, families, other special service providers and other school staff to provide recommendations on appropriate accommodations and modifications for the student required due to a visual impairment
- Interpretation Services: Our team can assist with material adaptation in braille and print. Please contact us for additional information.